Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy halloween?

You know what's NOT fun? Being woken up twice in the wee, wee hours of the morning by a drunk girl going crazy underneath my window.

First I was woken up at 1:30 A.M. ... yes, early Halloween morning... to a dull thudding sound coming from the parking lot behind my building. I lay in bed for a moment wondering what the noise was, not really caring because I was tired. The repeated thudding kept on for a few more seconds and then I heard a guy's voice from somewhere else in my building yell, "Hey!". Curious now, I got up and looked out the window. A girl was standing in front of a parked car in my building's back parking lot, attacking the windshield and driver's side window of the car with a large empty glass bottle of what used to contain vodka. Again the guy's voice... "I'm calling the cops!!" The girl, obviously drunk, continued to smash away at the windshield, replying with "It's okay! It's my boyfriend's car!" Seconds later she staggered away, leaving the windshield covered in cracks. I went back to bed.

Hours later.... 3:30 A.M. The same thudding/smashing sound wakes me up. This time no one else yells anything. Everyone else is fast asleep. Knowing what I'll see, I look out my window again. The girl is back and this time she isn't staggering around. This time she's sober, and this time she means business. She repeatedly hits the windshield with something and finally starts punching holes into the glass. The windshield is an absolute MESS. She drops whatever it is she's hitting the window with and takes off running.

When I woke up this morning at a reasonable hour, I looked out my window and there the car was, the windshield completely wrecked.

I love my apartment.

5 comments:

Amanda Bast 10:52 PM  

You need to move.

How was the pasta?

Annie 10:58 PM  

Sigh, yes... moving would be a nice luxury. Hopefully the time will fly and my lease will be over before I know it.

I ended up ordering pizza and I kind of feel bad... Luke doesn't know this yet... I'm pretty sure that they either screwed up the crust and fed me gluten, or there was gluten in some of the toppings somehow... because I got SICK, SICK, SICK. I'm still sort of recovering. Gah.

Mimosa 10:32 PM  

Hey, ended up in your blog via Ken's..Your the first in (Glasgow? or you're in the UK at least..) who ALSO has to eat Gluten Free food!! And I SOO hate it here when people (in restaurants) don't do the food right/don't quite understand what gluten free means..You don't know how many times I've heard someone say "oh no, it's just flour" or the best was when recently i asked of some roasted peppers if they were dairy and gluten free, and the person said they were "fine" (Acting as if I'm stupid even for asking) and then I was like:"Is that cheese on there" Ohh yes it was..Anyway, sorry long reply, thought you might understand! Not easy being gluten (and well dairy in my case) free in Scotland..

Mimosa

Mimosa 10:34 PM  

heh, I just had a look at your profile, your in Canada! heh.

Annie 10:38 PM  

hey, thanks for your comments. yes i am in canada and gluten free! it's amazing how little some people know about wheat and flour isn't it??? haha