Monday, September 03, 2007

Lonely.

So, I just got back from Woodstock. "Just" meaning a few hours ago, but who's paying attention? Anyway, it was great being somewhere else for a few days. I'm realizing that I'm almost always alone when I'm in my apartment. Being around people for a change was nice. A part of me wishes I could live at home again. I know, I know.... zero independence/privacy... regression into childhood if you've moved out before... but there is such a nice sense of security at home that I just don't have in my apartment. I feel lonely a lot of the time and slightly out of control, like I need more structure. Plus it sucks having to pay $2.75 just to do a load of laundry.... ugh.

When it comes down to it, I'm happy with my level of independence. My life is by no means difficult. Maybe it's just the lack of people being around that frustrates me. I'm realizing that a lot of my friends are gone. The ones I did have from the old days have all moved away (here and the BC friends too) and I don't have much of a sturdy base of good friends in Hamilton. Everyone is sort of doing their own thing and going in their own directions. I'm jealous of people who have a consistent group of people around to hang out with.

Wow. All this emo rambling just from being away for the weekend in Woodstock.... humphhh.

My grandpa is coming to visit this Thursday from Vancouver - hooray! More family hang out time. I never get to see BC family ... like, NEVER... I haven't seen my own father in over 2 years.... so this will be nice.

Anyway, I have to be at work early EARLY tomorrow morning so I'm going to sign off.

1 comments:

The Paperbag Princess 3:22 PM  

I know how you feel. It's too bad neither of us has a car so we couldn't see each other more often...b/c honestly you're one of the coolest people ever, and i mean that.