Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Ugh... shudder.

Val and I just got back from eating dinner at the Lazy Flamingo in Hess village.

It was quite the experience. We sat out on the patio and everything started out just fine. Then came... the squirrel. I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye and looked over only to meet the eyes of a very bold squirrel hovering only a few feet away. When it GOT CLOSER after we tried shooing it away and waving our hands around we realized we were dealing with a SITUATION. The squirrel was on this ledge right beside our table eyeing our food and not being a bit shy about it. It would kind of crawl away and then come back closer, all the while staring at our plates. We didn't really know what to do. Let me tell you.... squirrels are CREEPY. I don't usually have issues with small animals... in fact, just a few days ago I had a smug series of thoughts about how tough I am with squirrels while so many other people seem to be terrified of them. It is an entirely different situation when you are vulnerable and at the mercy of a bold squirrel. Eventually the waitress kind of came over and tried scaring it away which worked for a bit but it always came back after she left. We even moved tables to be further away from the ledge, and it came down off the ledge to get closer to us, ready to pounce at any second. People at the other tables were paying attention and one lady was even like "It's just a SQUIRREL", which annoyed me and made me say "Yeah? Well you're just a B#TCH" under my breath.
The waitress came back with a spray-bottle and that was enough to scare the squirrel away for good and we left the restaurant unscathed.

Yeah... so now I think I might be one of those freaked-out-by-squirrels people. Shucks.
I should really be typing for the office. I hate putting it off but it always happens anyway.

1 comments:

Anonymous 4:34 PM  

I actually just hate squirrels. I think they are evil, conniving, skittish little animals. Once, my Mum hit one with the car ... and while she got misty eyed, I couldn't help but let out a diabolical giggle. HATE.