Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The final countdown

The countdown is officially on for my move to Waterloo. The final move happens on Saturday night.

I've been having mixed feelings all week about moving. Leaving my current job has been strange for me. I've been looking forward to my last week of work, thinking it will be a fuzzy wuzzy time of reminiscing with the gals before I leave forever, but it has been a ROUGH week so far. Tensions have been high (in some situations) and I'm feeling like I might be leaving on a less-than-good note. It's nothing major at all, I'm just not getting the wonderful week I wanted.

Wow. Wonderful alliteration. Walliteration. Wonderful Walliteration.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I can't control how people feel this week and that if I want to enjoy my last few days here, I can. And I will.

My new Waterloo job starts a week from today. I've never had such a smooth transition from job to job in terms of timing. It's kind of a treat, and wayyyy less stressful than what I've been used to.

I did something stupid last night: I pulled an all-nighter. Last night I stayed at my new place, and decided it would be a good idea to put books on shelves instead of sleep. For some reason I've never been able to sleep for more than 2 hours in that room. I think it must be something to do with my room not being set up, AKA, EVERYTHING I OWN IS STREWN ABOUT THE ROOM. Realllllly not conducive to a feeling of restfulness. That, and my bed may fall apart any second now. (Due to the fact that during my LAST all-nighter, I tiredly couldn't find all the pieces to put my bed together and decided to just build it with the pieces I could find, out of impatience. And laziness. I think some of the missing pieces are a bit IMPORTANT. So if I don't come out of my room some morning it is probably because I am lying trapped and concussed under shards of broken bed.)

Wellp, as I said, I pulled an all-nighter last night so I think I'll go finish up some typing and then take it easy for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous 10:48 AM  

I hope your last week turns around and ends up as wonderful as you were hoping it would be. :)

Anonymous 1:46 AM  

Hope the move went well. I always hated mid-summer moves, so I hope it wasn't sweltering out for you.