Thursday, July 31, 2008

An obligatory update post!

Hey everyone! I thought I would briefly check in. I don't have too much to blog about these days, because things are going rather smoothly and drama-free for me. My job is great, my house is great (except for a broken air conditioner) and life is ..... well, GREAT (for lack of a better word) all around.

My mom had to have an emergency appendectomy a couple weeks ago, which was scary for me. It turns out her appendix had actually ruptured and she just thought she had the flu. She is such a trooper. It turns out she did all of the following with a ruptured appendix: went grocery shopping, drove to stratford and back, worked a 4 hour shift and drove Art to Ingersoll. Eventually she wound up at the hospital because of pain and ended up have surgery. She was in the hospital for a few days, and all is well now.

I guess I don't have too much more to report. I have NOT been in a blogging mood lately. I'm not sure why... I've noticed this writer's block tends to happen in the summer. Maybe because I would rather be doing something outside than hunched over in front of a computer screen typing my little heart out.

I hope you are all having a good summer :)

2 comments:

Anonymous 7:36 PM  

Glad to hear that everything is so great! :)

That's pretty crazy about your mom. Thank goodness she's alright.

Erica 9:50 PM  

i've had writer's block too...I think it is the whole "summertime" thing.

Good to hear that your life is drama free :) That's always a bonus!