Saturday, September 27, 2008

No more "Even Stevens", that's for sure

Last night Luke and I went to see Eagle Eye, the new Shia Labeouf movie. Going into it we weren't sure what it would be like, but it seemed like one of those typical FBI conspiracy thriller movies filled with hidden (or not so hidden) messages about how corrupt the system is. Whether or not I agree with that opinion is beside the point, though I sometimes think this theme is overdone in movies. Very overdone.

As always, my expectations going into the theatre were pretty low ... and ... I was extremely impressed with the movie. Luke wasn't as impressed as me, but his expectations are always pretty dang high.
Anyway, I can't seem to get the whole "Even Stevens"/Shia Labeouf association out of my head, but every time I see him in another movie I realize our little Shia is growing up! He's a man now! Good for him!

Without giving any of the plot away, I suggest you go see this movie. A word of warning though ... if you like your movies believable, this one might tick you off. But hey, a totally unrealistic crazy-unbelievable-technology movie is sometimes just what the doctor ordered. I doubt movies like this are ever filmed to be believable.

Look at lil' Shia before and after ... so grown up! And he knows how to smoke cigarettes now! So Hollywood.



3 comments:

Luke 10:38 PM  

where is the one with shia in a speedo?

Maxine 10:58 PM  

lol to luke's comment.
And yeah I gotta say I am quite surprised how handsome he has become.
I guess sometimes you gotta wait for the good stuff to come around. :P

Anonymous 12:56 AM  

Gary and I are just dying to go see this movie. Glad to hear such a good review!