Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Busy...ish? I think?

I'm beginning to understand moms who stay home all day and complain they never have enough time to do anything. And I only have one child! It's amazing how when I get up in the morning, every time I look at the clock several hours have flown by. Sylvan doesn't sleep very often during the day, and when he does he tends to take short cat-naps. It's incredibly hard to do simple things like laundry or cleaning up the kitchen, when 30 seconds into my task I hear a little voice screaming for food, a diaper change, wanting to be held.... who knows what!

I'm not complaining though, when my little guy cries I generally get a chance to watch something on Netflix or hang out in the living room with a snack while I care for him. Could be worse. :)

Sylvan is over a month old already... I realized that the other day. It's true - time does fly by so quickly it hardly seems possible. We've noticed he has started looking around a lot more... it is obvious he can see a bit further than before and he intently studies certain objects. He can follow an object with his eyes, and he is so alert when he's awake.

He has officially started smiling responsively, though not very often yet ... I will try uploading a video I took yesterday proving this! You'll also get to hear my RIDICULOUS (but funny) baby-talk voice. Maybe Sylvan cries and fusses a lot for a reason???

He has what seems to me like a very strong neck... lying on his tummy he can lift his head (quite aggressively) and hold it up for a few seconds before it bobs back down.

He seems big to me, but I'm not sure what he weighs now or where he's at on the scale of what's average for babies his age. It doesn't really matter to me though, as long as he's healthy and likes my kisses :)

Last week we had the opportunity to have my friend Claire over to take newborn photos of Sylvan. Claire is an amazing photographer and I was ecstatic with the results of the photo shoot. It made me realize how crappy my point and shoot camera is because Sylvan looks a lot different in my photos from her photos! It also helps that she is very talented... and takes photos for a living... and has an amazing camera... but Luke and I would like to invest in a much better camera than the cameras we've been using. What better reason to take photos than a brand new baby, and a cute one at that?

Anyway, I'll try uploading that video... and maybe a couple photos too.







6 comments:

heather sinnott 8:50 PM  

oh my goodness!! he is sooo cute!! ohh annie, as he gets older, naps will get longer!! and you will have time again! I found around 8 months I really could get painting again! You will get there! how have things been going? I have been thinking about you a ton, any improvement? xo

Annie 8:33 PM  

Hi Heather,

Actually YES, we've had major improvements! He generally sleeps through the night now (other than for feeds of course), and last night he slept for a solid 4 1/2 hours, then woke up to eat, then slept for 2 hours, woke up again to eat, then slept for 4 hours. He's never slept that long before and it was amazing to get that much sleep!!!

Janie 7:14 PM  

cute baby!

Argumentative essay 3:21 AM  

Really it is very useful post & I like to read these types of post & thanks for sharing such type of posts... Please keep it sharing very cute baby...

Anonymous 4:26 AM  

When onitsuka tiger comes to classy footwear, Rosetta Stone one of the best ways for 2011 will likely be classic shoes. an incredible classic footwear on the market has got to be the Onitsuka tiger mini.
Belstaff Leather JacketsThis content is made to give a quick presentation of this amazing running shoe. Tiger ShoesWe are going to check out the different features that the shoe has, along with alluring information.Louis Vuitton

vuhelp.net 9:19 AM  

So nice blogger