Friday, May 18, 2007

I got Shawshanked.

Last night I hung out with Jordan, Mary Anne and Luke. We chilled at William's on the bayfront which was cool, except for the strange smoothies that had chunks at the bottom... (pom-a-berry WHAT?) Then we went to the Roy residence and Dutch-Blitzed-it-up (Butch Ditz? THAT'S an oxymoron...) which was intense as usual.

After, we sat around trying to figure out what to do next. I forget why, but I mentioned that I hadn't seen The Shawshank Redemption. Cue Luke, M.A. and Jordan, mouths gaping open in disbelief and shocked surprise... "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION YET?" .... So, we went and got snacks, came back and watched it. Good movie. I highly liked it. I think I was scared to see it because when I was growing up my dad had it and Ian and I were never allowed to watch it. Once when Ian was around age 12 he got up at 5 a.m. to try and watch it on the sly but he got caught and got in biiiiiig trouble.

Yeah, so anyway, I watched it and it was just great. Annnnd I didn't get in big trouble.

Inmate: "The Count of Monte Crisco, by Alexan-dree Dumb-ass"
Other Inmate, with annoyed and dismayed expression on his face: "It's ALEXANDRE DUMAS, and it's The Count of Monte CRISTO"

haaaaaaahaaa hee hee hee ha ha ha ha.

Well, for some reason my stomach is in intense pain so I think I'm going to go try and figure out why.

Plus, it's a GORGEOUS DAY and I need to return my cable cord and get a much, much longer one.

PLUS, I got to bed at 2:30 a.m. last night (last morning? this morning?) and I think that I might sleep longer.

Good day everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous 12:29 AM  

haha i didn't realize you weren't allowed to watch it! but i guess at 12 it might not be so suitable.

my favourite is still FLOYD... and "easy-peasy-japaneasy"

also, i think mary anne must be cheating at butch ditz.

Annie 9:18 AM  

Oh Floyd... such a great supporting character. There should have been a Shawshank sequel starring Floyd.

I think that WE should cheat at DB, make sure Mary Anne never wins again. Although I don't think I know how I would cheat at Dutch Blitz.... hmmm, research...

Anonymous 9:44 AM  

I saw Shawshank a long time ago, but it's one I keep meaning to see again. I can barely remember anything about it.