Tuesday, May 15, 2007

THUN-DER... na na na naaa na-na naaa naaa

Today I needed to mail a letter so I went for a walk in order to find the nearest mailbox. It took me forever. Honestly, I walked around the neighbourhood like 3 times before I found one. And it ended up being just down the street from my apartment. I was unimpressed.

On the plus side, I just barely missed being drenched by the biggest, most torrential downpour I have seen in years. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE rainstorms, especially the thundering kind, so I was thoroughly pleased with today's weather. I was desperately wishing for a tornado but sadly it did not happen (Seeing a real-live tornado has been a life long wish of mine... don't ask). As it rained I stood out on the balcony by myself laughing gleefully, watching the rain gush from the sky, drenching people as they ran down the street. It was a good time.

I think this coming weekend is a long weekend. Is that right? I can never remember. I hope it is.

Ooooh, I just got the biggest craving for a luscious, juicy slice of sweet WATERMELON. What I wouldn't give to have one right now. Drrooooool......

Well anyway, I think I'm done talking about pointless stuff.

(PS - If you can guess which band sings the song this post is named after I will give you........ uhh......... my respect. Enticing, I know.)

2 comments:

Claire 9:39 PM  

oh...sniff...thunder. A melancholic girl's best friend. You're so lucky. Hey--I reformatted by blog a while ago and now I can't FOR THE LIFE of me figure out how to change the HTML for your blog link. Any ideas?

Annie 9:48 PM  

Yikes, I don't know. I think if you go to 'settings' or something you can play around with the links.... but hmmmm. I sure don't know. I can barely figure it out on my own site let alone yours.