Monday, September 24, 2007

Homesick.

Well hi folks.

I am back from BC. I had an amazing time, really, it was everything I wanted it to be and more. I have to admit that I'm kind of having a hard time with being back in Hamilton. Well.... not "kind of".... I really am. Maybe it's because I'm not entirely caught up on sleep yet (I barely slept at all the night before I left and the night I got back), but I've been feeling pretty sad. Had myself a good cry yesterday.

I realized how much I miss my BC family. I love my Ontario family, SO much, but being divided like this is definitely not easy. Hanging out with my dad was great, I had forgotten how we are so similar and have the best talks. Seeing a few good friends was great.... and it made me realize that if I ever moved back I would be able to just slip right back into life there, basically pick up where I left off.

I don't think I'll be moving back to BC any time soon... it realistically just wouldn't make sense. The program I want to take is here in Ontario, and I wouldn't want to leave the family and friends I've made here. But being back where I grew up definitely made me miss it. A lot.

I'm back to work and it's been going okay so far. We are going through some massive changes there AGAIN which is definitely not easy. This past year has been huge for changes at work. I don't mind change but I hate extended transition. I need to feel calm and settled.

Oh, and Ian moved to St. Catharines because he has a new job. It's going to be very strange not having my brother around.

I've been thinking about a lot of stuff lately and dealing with so much transition in almost every area of my life has been hard. But not impossible to deal with - I am holding on to the hope that all this will make be stronger and more wise and all that good stuff, and that there is a purpose in all of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous 2:13 AM  

Transition is awful, but a necessary evil.

And it was fun looking at mags, and drinking coffee ... annnd being ignored entirely by like the ENTIRE restaurant staff.

Anonymous 12:22 PM  

It was so great to see you! And yes, if you ever move back we will all be here for you. :)